Today’s Headlines for Tuesday for Tuesday, February 14
- ATA, Commuters Take Action, and Ald. Vasquez weigh in on how to save the ‘L’ (Chicago Magazine)
- CTA safety and reliability: Here’s what Chicago mayoral hopefuls had to say at our mayoral candidate forum (NBC)
- CTA, Pace to launch joint, unlimited-ride passes February 20, merging day and multiday pass programs (Sun-Times)
- Relatives, neighbor remember Donald Carter Sr., killed in crash with 13-year-olds driving stolen car in Robbins (NBC)
- Shots fired following verbal altercation during Monday PM rush on Red Line train near Garfield, no injuries (FOX)
- Logan Square land trust gets $5M state grant to buy and fix up properties to help slow housing displacement (Block Club)
- NIU students weigh in on whether DeKalb should have a Metra station (Northern Star)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has chipped in so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K, hopefully by February 28, to keep the site rolling smoothly in 2023. You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great winter.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago