Today’s Headlines for Thursday, June 10
- After endless NIMBY pushback, the Dickens Greenway is finally approved (43rd Ward)
- Man charged in hit-and-run car crash death of Jamyah Harris, 1, at Jackson/Western last Month (Tribune)
- Semi rollover crash shuts down I-80 in SW-suburban Minooka (WGN)
- After disgruntled passenger shots at bus driver, union says it may take legal action against CTA (CBS)
- New Metra Electric schedule, trains coming in July (HPH)
- Block Club looks at planned improvements to Des Plaines River Trail
- Despite pushback from birders, Montrose sanctuary is getting an ADA-accessible paved path (Block Club)
- In 1893 Lucille Rodney and her husband walked from Galveston, TX, to the World’s Fair in Chicago (Texas Tales)
- Ribbon-cutting for new Fox River ped bridge on Friday kicks off official reopening of Aurora (Tribune)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.