Today’s Headlines for Thursday, March 4
- Chicago expects 55,000 more students in its biggest reopening test yet (Block Club)
- 2 killed, including 83-year-old driver, 5 injured in high-speed Scottsdale crash (ABC)
- IL Policy: Cams issued a 6 mph+ ticket every 12 seconds (during week no one knew about the new rule)
- What are the ramifications of the new 6 mph speed cam rule for Chicago cyclists? (The Chainlink)
- Divvy is part of the national e-bike-share revolution (New York Times)
- Century-Old Logan Square church transformed into luxury apartments (Block Club)
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Great news! We surpassed our $50,000 fundraising goal. I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who donated to help Streetsblog Chicago hit the target. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this allows us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Stay tuned for an announcement about an online fundraising victory party.
If you haven’t chipped in yet and would like to donate to help keep Streetsblog Chicago running past 2021 you can still make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great March.
– John Greenfield, co-editor