Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, March 2
- House Transportation Committee advances bills on IDOT transparency, equitable funding (Herald)
- Schwieterman, Sposato praise the new 6 mph speed cam threshold (WTTW)
- Car driver dies after crash with trucker in Naperville (NBC)
- 5 injured, including 3 children, after driver flips vehicle near LSD/Marquette (Sun-Times)
- Woman arrested for 2 carjackings, 1 of which involved driving off with boy, dragging his mom (ABC)
- …Police suspect the SUV from the other carjacking was was used to critically injure Alex Betzel (NBC)
- Oak Park is getting new sidewalk extensions as part of a sewer and repaving project (Tribune)
- Time Out Chicago: Uptown Bikes, long woman-owned, is now entirely staffed by women
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Great news! We surpassed our $50,000 fundraising goal. I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who donated to help Streetsblog Chicago hit the target. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this allows us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Stay tuned for an announcement about an online fundraising victory party.
If you haven’t chipped in yet and would like to donate to help keep Streetsblog Chicago running past 2021 you can still make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great March.
– John Greenfield, co-editor