- Emanuel Announces $10M Overhaul of Riverwalk From State Street to the Lake (Tribune)
- Protesters Took Over LSD, Streets of Lakeview During Anti-Violence March (Tribune)
- Gazette Chicago Gloats Over the Fact that the Ashland BRT Is Indefinitely Back-Burnered
- After Death of Luster Jackson, Support for Protected Bike Lanes on Stony (Block Club)
- Ex-Forest Preserve Worker Indicted for Homicide After Fatal On-the-job Crash (Tribune)
- 2 Teens Abducted From CTA Bus Stops, Sexually Assaulted Within 4 Days (Patch)
- Moody's Boosts Outlook of CTA, RTA Debt (Crain's)
- The Tribune Looks at the Divvy Theft Problem
- Batavia Offers Residents "Please Slow Down" Lawn Signs Before School Starts (Tribune)
- Metra to Lolla Goers: "Give Regular Commuters a Break," Don't Ride AM Trains (Herald)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
First of all, a huge thanks to all the advertisers, sponsors, and readers who have helped out with the effort to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. The additional $25K The Trust is offering this year will allow us to hire a part-time reporter to expand our coverage of the South and West sides, communities of color, and women's transportation issues.
Unfortunately, due to a major sponsorship that didn't materialize in time, we didn't hit $50K by the midnight 8/1 deadline. Fortunately, The Trust has graciously offered us another month to meet that goal. We're currently at $47,290, so we're going to try to raise the last $2,710 by Wednesday 8/8 at midnight.
So if you appreciate Streetsblog Chicago's daily transportation coverage and haven't already chipped in, there's still time to do so. You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks again to everyone who has stepped up during the fund drive so far -- we really appreciate your support.
- John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago