Today’s Headlines for Friday, July 13
- Emanuel Claims China Trip Has Salvaged Train Deal Despite Trump Tariffs (Sun-Times)
- Study: Chicago Is Segregated Because Aldermen Have Can Block Affordable Housing (Block Club)
- 13 Injured After Transit Van Driver Rear-Ends CTA Bus in South Shore (WGN)
- Driver Who Ran Red, Killing Skylar Dixon, 2, Charged With Reckless Homicide (Sun-Times)
- Grant Sought to Build 30 Miles of Trail to Complete Chicago-Michigan Route (Tribune)
- Metra Is Selling 2-Way Unlimited Ride Passes for Lollapalooza (Tribune)
- Bike 45 Hosts the Tour de Taco Trip to NW Side Taquerias This Sunday 7/15
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our August 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. The additional $25K The Trust is offering this year will allow us to hire a new part-time reporter to expand our coverage of the South and West sides, communities of color, and women’s transportation issues.
Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future. But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.