Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, January 12
- Strange bedfellows: DSA Ald. Jeanette Taylor complains about speed cams to right-wing Illinois Policy
- Like Illinois Policy, CBS published a graph that shows 6 mph ticketing rule is encouraging safer driving
- Driver allegedly kidnapped Good Samaritan after Indiana crash, forced him to drive him to Chicago (NBC)
- Injuries from icy sidewalks add more stress to already overwhelmed Chicago hospitals (Block Club)
- 35th Ward PB election options include dashed bike lanes on Montrose (Block Club)
- Federal judge denied a request by several unions to halt Metra’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate (Law Bulletin)
- The Tribune looks at Olive-Harvey’s new bike repair and maintenance course
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to assist Streetsblog Chicago with raising $50K to keep the site going strong in 2022. Can you help by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, co-editor, Streetsblog Chicago