Today’s Headlines for Monday, January 3
- Buyk, a grocery bike delivery company, expands to Chicago with 7 stores (Block Club)
- Driver fatally strikes man, 59, crossing the street at intersection of 2 multilane roads in Elgin (Tribune)
- Wrong-way sports car driver kills himself, 2 other motorists on New Year’s Day at 5:15 AM on I-290 (NBC)
- Evanston offered free garage and lot parking last weekend to facilitate snow removal (CBS)
- Great Cities Institute staffer proposes pedestrianizing Chicago commercial streets (Sun-Times)
- Avondale’s Woodard Plaza may be renamed Solidarity Triangle in a nod to Polish community (Block Club)
- Franklin Park’s Franklin Ave. will be widened from 2 to 5 lanes, project includes side path (Tribune)
- A look at the CTA’s least-busy station, Kostner Pink, was a top Chicago Mag story of 2021
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to assist Streetsblog Chicago with raising $50K to keep the site going strong in 2022. Can you help by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, co-editor, Streetsblog Chicago