Today’s Headlines for Friday, November 5
- Man was tired of seeing drivers nearly hit kids. Now he’s a volunteer crossing guard (Block Club)
- 200-unit mixed-use tower with 99 spots is rising near the Chicago Ave. ‘L’ station (YIMBY)
- The Chicago Plan Committee has approved a new golf practice area at 3701 N. Recreation Drive (YIMBY)
- Chicago’s 2022 budget nearly doubles the city’s brigade of tree trimming crews (Block Club)
- Pedal Power ready to roll into 12th year of collecting, donating bikes for Chicago students (Record)
- WGN: Bunch Bikes offer another way to get your family and your cargo around town
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to assist Streetsblog Chicago with raising $50K by January 1 to keep the site going strong in 2021. Can you help by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your November.
– John Greenfield, co-editor, Streetsblog Chicago