Today’s Headlines for Monday, March 29
- The CTA is increasing maximum capacity on buses and trains [CBS 2]
- City to loosen restrictions on special outdoor events this summer [Block Club]
- Southeast side residents continue fight against environmental polluters [Tribune]
- 29-story hotel proposed for vacant Streeterville lot [Urbanize]
- The Atlantic profiles the NUMTinder Facebook group for urbanist dating
- Biden administration to lay out plans for infrastructure investment this week [Tribune/AP]
- Kennedy Expressway resurfacing begins this evening [Sun-Times]
- IDOT nearly complete with work on removing Montrose Bridge over Kennedy Expressway [CBS 2]
- COVID funds will restore daily Amtrak Zephyr service between Chicago and San Francisco [Daily Sentinel]
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.