Today’s Headlines for Monday, March 8
- 3 killed in Mount Prospect after driver strikes another motorist leaving shopping plaza (ABC)
- Right-turning driver fatally struck a female, possibly on a bike, in West Lawn (Sun-Times)
- SSL rider, 33, in critical condition after rail officer shot him during struggle at Hegewisch (WGN)
- Driver crashes into Portage Park gown cleaning business, charges may be pending (WGN)
- CPD: Senior had a medical emergency while driving, crashed into Montclare medical center (NBC)
- CTA operators demonstrate at the 95th station for hazard pay, no concessions in contract (FBN)
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Great news! We surpassed our $50,000 fundraising goal. I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who donated to help Streetsblog Chicago hit the target. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this allows us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Stay tuned for an announcement about an online fundraising victory party.
If you haven’t chipped in yet and would like to donate to help keep Streetsblog Chicago running past 2021 you can still make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great March.
– John Greenfield, co-editor