- Man, 41, dead after 2 semi drivers crash on Tri-State Tollway near Roberts Road (ABC)
- Wrigley Field recommended as mass vaccination site due to Red Line proximity (ABC)
- 35th Ward residents vote to repair 5 sidewalks, install new street lamps (Block Club)
- New $8.6M New Lennox Metra station in now open (Patch)
- BGA, citizen note lack of transparency in Chicago Monuments Project process (Block Club, Sun-Times)
- Young West Siders will help make map of N. Lawndale Community Gardens (Block Club)
- Block Club is considering hiring a dedicated transportation reporter
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Great news! We surpassed our $50,000 fundraising goal. I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who donated to help Streetsblog Chicago hit the target. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this allows us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago's Latino communities. Stay tuned for an announcement about an online fundraising victory party.
If you haven't chipped in yet and would like to donate to help keep Streetsblog Chicago running past 2021 you can still make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great March.
- John Greenfield, co-editor