Today’s Headlines for Thursday, February 11
- Chicagoans can visit Hawaii, Alaska, and N. Dakota without quarantining upon return (Block Club)
- Cardenas holds meeting on plan for Dunkin’ Donuts on “treacherous” corner (Block Club)
- Map illustrates how Chicago’s relentless grid is helpful for efficient bus service (Bloomberg)
- A Specialized bike shop may be coming to burgeoning West Loop (Crain’s)
- The Garfield Park Conservatory is reopening this month, by reservation only (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great February.
– John Greenfield, co-editor