Today’s Headlines for Friday, January 29
- Oak Lawn mayor tries to politicize DUI killing of Cire Robinson, 12, blaming Kim Foxx (ABC)
- Daily Herald interviews ATA advocacy manager Maggie Czerwinski
- Anti-deconversion ordinance for Pilsen and 606 corridor passes City Council (Block Club)
- Pace acknowledges it has a problem with snow-blocked bus stops
- Developer plans to turn Weiss Hospital parking lot into 314 units with 113 spots (Block Club)
- Lake Effect Brewing is coming to vacant firehouse near Jeff Park station (Block Club)
- Looking back at the 2011 blizzard that left hundreds of drivers stranded on LSD (Tribune)
- Tips for biking in snow (spoiler: any kind of tires will work on Chicago streets) (Tribune)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.