Today’s Headlines for Thursday, January 28
- CTA releases new Uptown, Edgewater station designs, including removal of “Asia on Argyle” sign (Block Club)
- Female pedestrian, 28, in good condition after being struck by driver after 2-car crash in Loop (Sun-Times)
- New schedule for Metra’s Rock Island Line kicks in February 1 (Patch)
- Plans to reopen Double Door near Wilson stop, build 62 units in adjacent parking lot approved (Block Club)
- Parking NIMBYs push back on Hubbard protected lane proposal, Burnett says “it’s not a done deal” (Block Club)
- Bike advocates float a proposal for a continuous lakefront trail in Evanston (Evanston Roundtable)
- CTA, CPS announce scholarship fund to encourage careers in construction, engineering (Lawndale News)
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago