Today’s Headlines for Friday, December 11
- Nearly 900 CTA workers have had COVID-19; 18 of them drove the busy No. 79 or No. 49 bus routes (Sun-Times)
- Obviously satire: article claiming the ‘L’ is now serving all parts of town (Chicago Genius)
- Driver kills senior walking in Geneva, blames sunlight in his eyes (Tribune)
- SUV, semi-truck driver involved in violent crash on I-90 In Schaumburg (CBS)
- 78-unit building, with 9 affordable apartments, proposed a 7-minute walk from Morse ‘L’ (Block Club)
- Yes, you’ll still need to wear a mask after getting the vaccine, experts say (Block Club)
- Richard’s, the notorious bar at Grand/Milwaukee, is flouting indoor service ban (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your December.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago