Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, November 10
- CTA hopes to start next phase of Red Line extension planning “very soon” (WTTW)
- City prepares for a new wave of homelessness as statewide eviction ban is lifted (Block Club)
- Lyft’s PAC quietly spent nearly $666K supporting IL state legislative candidates this cycle (ISBOE)
- Driver fatally struck Tamer Jaghama, 6, in Oak Lawn (ABC)
- Trucker spills 70,000 pounds of sand over La Grange Road near Stevenson (Sun-Times)
- Developers break ground on $50M ‘creative office campus’ in W. Humboldt (Block Club)
- Tips for riding your bike during the colder winter months (Daily Herald)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago