Today’s Headlines for Thursday, October 29
- Tribune editorial blasts proposal for speed cam tickets for drivers doing 36 in 30 zones
- 1 killed, 4 injured after driver runs red in Chatham (ABC)
- Lightfoot won’t sue to end state ban on indoor dining and drinking in Chicago (Block Club)
- Is enclosed outdoor seating actually safer than just eating inside during the pandemic? (Block Club)
- During the pandemic, you can rent an entire Rogers Park movie theater (Block Club)
- UIC hosts a discussion of “humanistic” transportation planning practices on 11/19
- WTTW’s “Chicago from the Air,” featuring drone footage of landmarks, debuts on 11/19
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago