Today’s Headlines for Friday, August 28
- Affluent North Siders complain about having to worry about crime for the first time (Tribune)
- Active Transportation Alliance cofounder Suzan Pinsof reflects on the group’s origins
- Southbridge TOD near Cermak Red and Green stations is moving forward (MHN)
- Local doctors weigh in on whether 6 feet is enough for social distancing (Tribune)
- Elkhardt County, IN, is seeing a COVID outbreak among Latino RV industry workers (Reader)
- Ped bridge from Moline bus station to future Chicago-Quads Amtrak stop almost done (WQAD)
- 8 ideas for road trips from Chicago during the COVID era (Chicago Mag)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.