Today’s Headlines for Friday, August 7
- Chicago regional transit bosses discuss transit relief on Chicago Tonight (WTTW)
- South Side bike rides creating new form of activism, solidarity (Block Club)
- Urban farm to bring jobs, energy to Auburn Gresham area (Sun-Times)
- Chicago TIF income hits record $926 million (Crain’s)
- TIF funds could be tempting source for funds during pandemic (Sun-Times)
- Wells Street in River North to close for outdoor dining (Block Club)
- Nurse attacked on Red Line train (CBS 2)
- How school busing will adapt during COVID (ABC 7)
- Questions about equity remain in lead up to second electric scooter pilot (Hyde Park Herald)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
From Tuesday, August 4, through Wednesday, August 12, Streetsblog Chicago assistant editor Courtney Cobbs will be running the site. If you need immediate assistance with an SBC-related issue, please email Courtney at courtney[at]streetsblog.org.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.