Today’s Headlines for Thursday, July 16
- 4 companies (Bird, Lyft, Spin, and Wheels) applied for 3 slots in upcoming scooter pilot (WTTW)
- Driver ran from Dan Ryan crash that sent man falling 45 feet over retaining wall (Sun-Times)
- Vertical farm planned for former big-box store in Calumet City (Sun-Times)
- Experts: Indoor dining is sketchy, outdoor dining is safer if it’s “sheltered from foot traffic” (Tribune)
- Schwinns are being built in the U.S. again, but production isn’t returning to Chicago (Detroit News)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.