Today’s Headlines for Thursday, June 18
- The 606 is reopening Monday 6 AM to 7 PM; Ken Griffin is donating $5M to fix LFT (Tribune)
- CDOT: Last week traffic was back to 77% of volume recorded last year (Tribune)
- Glendale Heights driver charged with 5th DUI after Batavia rollover crash (Herald)
- Maldonado, who made $300K on 606 land, wants to extend ban on demolitions (Block Club)
- Ogden bus is returning, but residents could lose it if ridership is low (Block Club)
- Lightfoot: Chicago should stop impounding cars for non-driving offenses (Block Club)
- Recyclery holds ride in solidarity against police brutality Saturday 11 AM, 1610 W. Howard
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.