Today’s Headlines for Friday, May 29
- Lightfoot is announcing her Slow Streets plan today at 1 PM at press conference on Facebook
- Internal CTA report gives poor marks for train cleaning as city moves into Phase 3 (ABC)
- CTA: We will watch crowds, make announcements to keep riders apart during Phase 3 (Tribune)
- Metra announces additional guidelines as Chicago prepares to begin Phase 3 (Daily Chronicle)
- Man pushed another man onto Red tracks at 87, where the victim was fatally struck (Block Club)
- 2 children among 5 seriously hurt in McKinley Park crash (Sun-Times)
- Cyclist in critical condition after teens driving stolen SUV hit him in West Town, charges made (ABC)
- 5 arrested in South Side Red Line attack, robbery of men 62 and 72 (WGN)
- Video provides update on Big Marsh and Ford Calumet Environmental Center
- WTTW checks out the new book “Transit Hikes” — Here’s our review
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.