Today’s Headlines for Thursday, November 14
- As with the Divvy expansion, Uber has released a half-baked ride-hail tax counterproposal
- Dan Lipinski is moving to turn control over Union Station to Metra (Crain’s)
- Ald. Beale: CTA-integrated, affordable South Side Metra is “what equity means” (Sun-Times)
- Witnesses: After woman taunted police officers at 71st and Jeffery, they ran her over (CBS)
- Thief targeting CTA Blue Line riders near Kedzie-Homan station, police say (ABC)
- Meet Al Schroader, a retiree who has rehabbed and donated over 3000 bikes (ABC)
- So who’s going to step up and bicycle *every* street in Chicago? (The Chainlink)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago