Today’s Headlines for Monday, October 28
- Lori to Crain’s: I’m still against the plan for cheap, frequent South Side Metra service
- Driver killed after crashing into McCormick Place during drag race (NBC)
- IDOT contractor fatally struck by minivan driver while working on roadside (ABC)
- At least 9 people, including multiple children, injured in crash at 48th and Michigan (CBS)
- Woman grazed, man shot exiting CTA bus in Park Manor (Sun-Times)
- Normal Red Line service resumes after reroute due to reports of smoke at Grand (Sun-Times)
- Tribune: Why the State Street pedestrian mall was a failure — or was it?
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago