Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, September 25
- Despite Lori’s opposition, proponents are still pushing for Metra fare cuts, service increases (HPH)
- Tribune: Liz Boshardy, 29, killed by a trucker who failed to yield set an example for a life well-lived
- Man reportedly attacked 2 women with a hammer on a Crystal Lake bike/ped trail (ABC)
- Bomb scare shuts down Diversey/Clark/Broadway intersection for 2 hours (Block Club)
- Evanston is seeing a bike theft epidemic (Evanston Now)
- The Purple/Brown collision near Sedgwick resulted in 14 people being sent to hospitals (NBC)
- 2 Chicago police officers complete 300-mile bike ride to draw attention to the opioid crisis (ABC)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago