Today’s Headlines for Monday, August 26
- The Chicago Tribune investigates the Lincoln Yards deal and its massive TIF bounty [Tribune]
- What Washington D.C.’s Metro could learn from Chicago’s ‘L’ [Washington Post]
- Cog Cycles Chicago opens in North Park storefront [Block Club]
- Chicago’s pedicabs have gotten bigger and gone electric [Tribune]
- Swim portion of Chicago Triathlon canceled at last minute due to unfavorable condition [Sun-Times]
- Pedestrian struck and killed on UP-NW track in Des Plaines, Metra confirms [Tribune]
- Letter to Sun-Times editors says PGA-grade makeover of Jackson Park golf course “shameless” [Sun-Times]
- New OurBus transport company makes Chicago-Indianapolis route permanent [Tribune]
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago