Today’s Headlines for Monday, July 30
- The Tribune Looks at the Trend of Protesters Blocking Highways
- Sun-Times: Let’s Have Real “Zero Tolerance” for CTA Drivers Who Crash While Distracted
- Waguespack (Unrealistically) Worries About a Car2go-Created Parking Crunch (Block Club)
- Speeding Driver Killed Former CFD Ambulance Commander & His Wife in South Deering (ABC)
- Van Driver Critically Injured Pedestrian in Garfield Park (CBS)
- Bystander Assists Police Officer After He Crashed Into a Tree in South Chicago (CBS)
- Pilot Makes an Emergency Landing on Lake Shore Drive During Rush Hour (CBS)
- 100 Block of W. 87th in Chatham Is the Worst Location for Crashes in the City (Sun-Times)
- Here’s How Converting Transit Fleets to Alternative Fuels Saves Money (Tribune)
- CDOT Plans to Add More Protection to Middle Randolph Bike Lanes (CBS)
- Cook County Forest Preserves Expanding DoBi Program to 500 Cycles (ABC)
- Meetings to Help Determine Active Trans Transportation Platform on 8/8 & 8/21
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our August 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. The additional $25K The Trust is offering this year will allow us to hire a part-time reporter to expand our coverage of the South and West sides, communities of color, and women’s transportation issues.
Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future. But with only a few days to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.