Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, June 20
- The CTA Is Extending the Lincoln Bus Pilot, But Not Its Hours. Now What? (DNA)
- No Citations Yet for Driver Who Killed Richard Schnittker, 21, in Naperville (Tribune)
- Aurora Man Gets 7 Years for 2013 DUI Crash That Killed Elderly Woman (Sun-Times)
- Burnett, CDOT: Upcoming Damen Streetscape With No Bike Lanes Complies With Vision Zero Goals
- Oberman Quitting Metra Board, Says Rahm Has “Other Things in Mind” for Him (Tribune)
- Hundreds of New Residences Planned for North Branch Industrial Corridor (Curbed)
- Huh? Crain’s Detroit Says the ‘L’ Is Obsolete Because the Loop Is No Longer Chicago’s Downtown
- A Cartoon Guide to Outdoor Dining and Drinking Along The Bloomingdale Trail (Chicago Mag)
- Former Head of Chicago’s Office of Innovation & Technology Speaks at ChiHackNight Tonight at 6:30
- The Chainlink’s Ferris Beuller-Themed Scavenger Hunt to Benefit World Bicycle Relief Is This Thursday
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago