Today’s Headlines for Monday, May 16
- How Can We Build Support for Properly Funding Transportation Infrastructure? (Tribune)
- Bridgeport Alliance: 31st St. Bus With No Morning Rush Service Won’t Draw Riders (DNA)
- The 606, TOD Blamed as Factors in Exodus of Latinos From Logan Square (DNA)
- Mitchell: Ride-Share Rules Would Make It Harder for Black People to Get Jobs, Rides (Sun-Times)
- Muggers Targeted People Leaving Rogers Park ‘L’ Stops in 3 Recent Attacks (ABC)
- Help Sought for Identifying Man Who Filemed Upskirt Video on Brown Line (Fox)
- A Roundup of Summer Road Construction Projects (Tribune)
- Anti-TOD With 75 Units, 140 Spots Planned a 3-Minute Walk From the Morgan Stop (Curbed)
- Osterman Approves Development Near Argyle Stop With 15% Affordable Units (DNA)
- Why the City Should Remove Its Pedestrian “Beg Buttons” (WBEZ)
- This Year’s Riverwalk Vendor Lineup Announced (DNA)
- Cosmic Bikes Is Now Open in Jefferson Park (The Chainlink)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
16 more days left to help us win a $25K challenge grant.
Streetsblog Chicago is currently in the thick of raising funds for our next year of publication. Once again, The Chicago Community Trust, a charitable foundation that was one of the early funders of SBC, has very generously offered us a challenge grant. If Streetsblog reaches $50K in donations and sponsorships by the end of May, the Trust will provide the last $25K needed to keep the site running into 2017 and beyond.
If you haven’t already done so, please consider donating to Streetsblog Chicago today today. SBC is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so donations are tax deductible.
If you’ve already contributed, thanks so much for helping us win the challenge grant. As an added incentive to first-time donors, as well as those who’d like to make an additional contribution, anyone who donates $100 or more from this point on will get a copy of my book “Bars Across America.”
Please feel free to spread the word about the challenge grant to potential donors, or contact me at 312-560-3966 or greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com with leads on other possible funding sources. To keep you apprised on our progress, I’ll be updating the above Donate-O-Meter along with Today’s Headlines each morning.
Thanks again for your continuing support.