- Active Trans Launches Petition to Support “Vision Zero” Fatality Reduction Strategy
- Driver Killed in Crash, Passenger Injured, After Running Stoplight in Aurora (CBS)
- 79-Year-Old Woman Dies After Crashing Her Van Near DeKalb (Tribune)
- Semi Driver Injures Pedestrian in Elmhurst, Flees the Scene (Sun-Times)
- Man Shot in Stomach Duting Belmont Craigin Road Rage Incident (DNA)
- Video: Real Estate Guy Goes Ballistic During Rogers Park Road Rage Melee (DNA)
- Bike Cops Save the Life of Elderly Tourist on the Mag Mile (Sun-Times)
- Plan Commission Approves TOD Projects in West Loop & Logan Square (Curbed)
- Hacker Derek Eder Says Transit Agencies Could Think Bigger With Ventra App (RedEye)
- Steinberg Does the Right Thing by Not Stealing a Loose Divvy Bike (Sun-Times)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Whether or not you’ve contributed to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund, we hope you can join us for our Donor Appreciation Party tonight from 6-9 p.m. at Revolution Brewing’s Kedzie Avenue taproom, 3340 North Kedzie. All Streetsblog readers are invited to attend this free event, and everyone who has contributed $100 or more will get a complimentary beer courtesy of RevBrew, plus a free copy of my book “Bars Across America.” If you’ve made multiple donations that add up to $100, please be sure to notify me at greenfieldjohn[at] hotmail.com to ensure you are included on the VIP list.
Thanks to the support of readers like you, our fundraising effort has come a long way since SBC went on hiatus on January 8. We have raised $43,460 in contributions and ad sales, so we’ve got less than $7K to raise before we hit $50K. At that point, we’ll win a $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust, which will allow us to resume publication by our April 8 deadline.
However, we now have two weeks to meet that goal. If you value Streetsblog’s hard-hitting coverage of local transportation and safe streets news, and you haven’t already done so, please make a contribution today. While donations are not tax-deductible at this point, in the very unlikely event that the site does not relaunch by April 8, your money will be refunded.
One more thing: If you’d like to get Today’s Headlines in your email inbox right after they go live, sign up for our mailing list here.
As always, thanks for your support. We hope to see you tonight at RevBrew!