- CTA Board Approves $25.6 Million Contract for Next 5 Blue Line Station Rehabs (Tribune)
- State Spending Freeze Jeopardizes The 606’s Skate Park, Many Other Park Projects (DNA)
- Emanuel Calls Rauner’s Proposed Cuts to Transit “Bad Economics” (Sun-Times)
- Driver Fatally Strikes 68-Year-Old Woman in Des Plaines (Sun-Times)
- Motorist Fleeing Police Injures Woman, Rams CTA Bus in West Garfield Park (RedEye)
- Police Renewing Call for Info on Driver Who Critically Injured Woman in Dunning (DNA)
- Active Randomly Checking 2,600 Bags at CTA Stations, Cops Have Found Zilch (RedEye)
- Hawthorn Woods Opposes Proposal to Build New Road Through Sensitive Wetlands (Crain’s)
- CTA Increasing Service for St. Pat’s, Big 10 Tournament (Sun-Times)
- Ex-Active Trans Staffer Keith Holt Named Advocate of the Year at National Bike Summit (AWB)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
[thermometer raised=38050 target=50000 height=400 align=right currency=$ alt=off sep=,]
Whether or not you’ve contributed to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund, we hope you can join us for our Donor Appreciation Party on Wednesday, March 25, 6-9 p.m. at Revolution Brewing’s Kedzie Avenue taproom, 3340 North Kedzie. All Streetsblog readers are invited to attend this free event, and everyone who has contributed $100 or more will get a complimentary beer courtesy of RevBrew, plus a free copy of my book “Bars Across America.”
Thanks to the support of readers like you, our fundraising effort has come a long way since SBC went on hiatus on January 8. As you can see from our Donate-O-Meter, we’ve got less than $12K to raise before we hit $50K. At that point, we’ll win a $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust, which will allow us to resume publication by our April 8 deadline.
However, we now have less than a month to meet that goal. If you value Streetsblog’s hard-hitting coverage of local transportation and safe streets news, and you haven’t already done so, please make a contribution today. While donations are not tax-deductible at this point, in the very unlikely event that the site does not relaunch by April 8, your money will be refunded.
One more thing: If you’d like to get Today’s Headlines in your email inbox right after they go live, sign up for our mailing list here.
As always, thanks for your support. We hope to see you on the 25th at RevBrew!