8:28 AM CDT on July 12, 2023
• RTA chairperson: Want to improve air quality? Hop on a bus or train (Sun-Times)
• Driver charged with reckless homicide, DUI in deadly wrong-way crash involving CTA bus (CBS Chicago)
• 3 dead, 14 hurt after crash involving Greyhound bus on westbound I-70 in Highland, Illinois (CBS Chicago)
• Axios's Monica Eng test rides each scooter rental in Chicago
• New public bike work stand installed near Cal-Sag Trail in Palos Park (Daily Southtown)
• Park Ridge considers signs, warning lights for risky intersection (Herald-Advocate)
• Logan Boulevard side yard to historic mansion will be protected under an easement (Block Club)
• Terrifying study warns that our cities could be sinking (BGR)
• TSA caught 49 guns at O'Hare and Midway security checkpoints during first half of 2023 (CBS Chicago)
• "Monument with Standing Beast" sculpture to be moved from Thompson Center to Art Institute (CoStar)
• Last fall John took a train + bike trip to the Shrine of Christ's Passion sculpture walkway in St. John, IN (Newcity)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA.
Editor's note: After being seriously injured on his bicycle in southern Illinois this spring, Streetsblog Chicago editor John Greenfield is in the process of recovering. He recently returned to running SBC on a low-key basis, including publishing Today's Headlines and putting out daily articles. We appreciate all who have been supportive during this time. Thanks for reading!
Did you appreciate this post? Please consider making a tax-deductible donation.
Sign up for our free newsletter
Streetsblog readers offer ideas for building protected bike lanes on Wells Street on the Near North Side, especially in delivery truck-clogged Old Town
The transit advocacy group has questions about post-project train frequency, ADA access during a coming weekend shutdown, and missing Train Tracker coverage.