Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, January 5
- Metra asks regulators to order Canadian Pacific to provide more merger-related data (Trains)
- In 2021, more than 1,300 people died in car crashes in Illinois, the highest number since 2005 (INR)
- Berwyn carjacking suspects spur Illinois State Police chase on Eisenhower Expressway before crash (ABC)
- Friend of Sophie Allen who survived the deadly crash says she “will not rest” until suspect is convicted (CBS)
- Motorists stranded on Virginia Interstate, reminiscent of Chicago’s Lake Shore Drive in 2011 (Fox)
- West Town pub blames vaxx card requirement, delay in patio approval for month-long closure (Block Club)
- Axios readers say they’re walking, biking, and skiing to stay healthy during the pandemic
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to assist Streetsblog Chicago with raising $50K to keep the site going strong in 2022. Can you help by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, co-editor, Streetsblog Chicago