Today’s Headlines for Monday, December 13
- CTA bus drivers took over Michigan Avenue to march for safer working conditions (CBS)
- CBS looks at CPD efforts to curb violence on CTA – no mention of deploying Transit Ambassadors
- 2 dead after driver crashes into a tree on the Lakefront Trail and vehicle bursts into flames (Tribune)
- Police: Man charged after allegedly forcing CTA driver to steer bus off-route at gunpoint (WGN)
- 12 injured, 1 critically in crash involving CTA bus in South Shore (WGN)
- State police: Empty CTA bus returning to garage facility shot at on I-57 (CBS)
- Chicago-based Veo will deploy 500 free-floating, e-assist bicycles in Seattle in the coming days (Seattle Times)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to assist Streetsblog Chicago with raising $50K by January 1 to keep the site going strong in 2022. Can you help by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your December.
– John Greenfield, co-editor, Streetsblog Chicago