Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, October 26
- Tribune: Metra should embrace the West Loop. But why are infra improvements so slow and expensive?
- Anti-cam group makes data-free claim cams are disproportionately impacting POC residents (The Grio)
- …Meanwhile Lightfoot has proposed cutting traffic fines in half for low-income residents
- ATA calls the CTA plan to reduce pass costs and eliminate transfer fee a win for equity (Bloomberg)
- Man, 35-40, dies after being shot while driving, crashes into building on 5300 block of N. Western (ABC)
- Mother of 3 siblings killed while boarding school bus opposes early release of driver (Tribune)
- ATA awarded small stipends to 10 suburban advocacy groups and municipalities
- Emmett St. TOD is getting new name and artwork in honor of Logan Latino community (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.