Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, June 1
- Illinois legislators pass bill to eliminate 20% local match for walk/bike infrastructure (ATA)
- Conductors on Union Pacific Metra lines resumed collecting fares today (Evanston Now)
- 15-year-old Chicago boy among 2 killed in crash on I-90 in Hoffman Estates (WGN)
- Wrong-way hit-and-run driver who fatally struck Maria Chiqui, 55, in the Loop charged (ABC)
- Driver who struck and killed man, 72, in Avalon Park cited (Sun-Times)
- Body of young man found in LaSalle Blue Line station early Saturday morning (NBC)
- City continues to bring COVID vaccination to residents via mobile vaccination buses (ABC)
- Publisher buys all ad space in Logan station for $48K to turn it into an art gallery (Block Club)
- Glenwood Avenue Arts Fest, Chalk Howard Street return to Rogers Park this summer (Block Club)
- Tips for enjoying the LFT from Gerardo Garcia, owner of Lakeshore Bike (ABC)
- Meet the winners of the Ride a Divvy Bike in an Avocado Costume Challenge
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.