Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, May 18
- City announces “Rediscover Summer” program to provide recreation opportunities for kids
- Delayed updates on O’Hare shuttle system frustrating airline passengers (CBS 2)
- Paid parking meters are being installed at Montrose Harbor (Block Club)
- NPR’s Marketplace program looks into how transit agencies are bringing riders back
- Amtrak route between Chicago and Detroit being bumped up to 110 mph (Detroit News)
- Developer returns with updated apartment plan for parking lot in Lincoln Square (Block Club)
- Tribune reporter Sarah Freishman discusses CTA and Metra story on WGN Radio
- Chicago school bus companies are seeking drivers for this autumn (CBS 2)
- Employees at Experimental Station, which owns and operates Blackstone Bicycle Works, vote for union (Block Club)
- Active Trans seeks signatures to advance effort for HB 270 in Springfield
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.