Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, May 12
- CDOT announces plans to pilot Copenhagen-stye bike lanes between road and sidewalk level (Sun-Times)
- Metra Chicago ridership rises as more get vaccinated, work downtown (ABC)
- Hit-and-run driver critically injured woman, 21, walking across Addison at Janssen (WGN)
- Charges expected for teen in stolen car who fatally struck Annette Odneal, 62, in Posen (Tribune)
- ATA, MPC weigh in on how to prevent bike-car crashes, like the one that killed Helmut Jahn (Herald)
- Bloomerg: Pedestrianizing Chicago’s Fulton Market during COVID-19 has boosted business
- Letter: What if we renamed Lake Shore Drive “DuSable Lake Shore Drive”? (Sun-Times)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.