Today’s Headlines for Monday, May 10
- City email dump includes reference to fears of “anarchists” posing as ride-hail drivers during protests
- Mass Transit looks at Chicago’s CTA COVID-19 vaccination bus program
- Teen driver of stolen car struck and killed Annette Odneal, 62, on Mother’s Day, fled (WGN)
- 2 drivers fatally struck Thompson Center architect Helmut Jahn on his bike near St. Charles (Tribune)
- South Side car crash after attempted traffic stop leaves 48-year-old man in critical condition (WGN)
- Bomb scare near Bryn Mawr Red Line station shut down service, streets for more than 2 hours (Block Club)
- The DePaulia looks at the rise of transportation cycling in Chicago
- The Tribune publishes a bunch of anti-DuSable Drive comments from readers
- Tribune’s Zorn on DuSable Drive: “What we’ll lose in tradition we’ll gain in originality”
- From the email trove: What city officials said about Streetsblog staff behind the the scenes
- Moving Freely exhibit highlighting how mobility contributes to racial equity debuts 5/15 in Lawndale
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.