Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, April 28
- Metra hiring over 100 workers ahead of expected post-COVID ridership increase (ABC)
- Metra’s new Edgewater station delayed again as city nixes green groundwater plan (Block Club)
- Lesley Engel, 53, killed in four-car crash in Naperville (Sun-Times)
- Chicago police looking for suspect who robbed, stabbed CTA passenger in the Loop (Fox)
- 6 Corners neighbors argue car-centric development would “bring suburbs to city” (Block Club)
- Vernon Hills school to launch P.E. class on bicycle safety and maintenance (Tribune)
- Lakeview’s under-‘L’ Low-Line Market Returns In June (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.