- Metra, landlords join forces in "come back downtown" push with “Safe Return to Work Summit” (Crain's)
- CTA is piloting tech on 79th bus to measure ridership to prevent crowding and reduce wait times
- Driver killed mother, father, and son as they left shopping plaza in Mount Prospect (ABC)
- Train window shattered by bullet discovered at 87th Red Line, no injuries (CBS)
- Letter: Keep Chicagoans part of the conversation for a Bubbly Creek pedestrian bridge (Tribune)
- Tribune: "Outdoor biking isn’t a year-round option unless you live in a temperate climate."
- Meanwhile, nearly 350 Chicagoans participated in ATA and Keating Law's Winter Bike Challenge
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Great news! We surpassed our $50,000 fundraising goal. I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who donated to help Streetsblog Chicago hit the target. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this allows us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago's Latino communities. Stay tuned for an announcement about an online fundraising victory party.
If you haven't chipped in yet and would like to donate to help keep Streetsblog Chicago running past 2021 you can still make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great March.
- John Greenfield, co-editor