Today’s Headlines for Friday, February 27
- ATA action alert: Support bill to make state roads safer for people walking and biking
- CTA SUV was reported stolen from 95th station early Friday, later found crashed into a tree (ABC)
- CPD: Driver rear-ended squad car in River North, injuring 2 officers, no citations (ABC)
- Judge: Man fleeing traffic stop used car “like a weapon” before killing Lakisel Thomas, 42 (Sun-Times)
- Federal prosecutors have charged 3 men with setting fire to CTA van during May civil unrest (Sun-Times)
- On Monday speed cams will begin issuing $35 tickets for speeding by 6 mph (Sun-Times)
- Remembering Chicago’s dapper Tweed Ride series on British 3-speeds (The Chainlink)
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great February.
– John Greenfield, co-editor