Today’s Headlines for Thursday, January 14
- Will Chicago be able to get rid of our giant Trump sign? (Tribune)
- Yonah Freemark: Metra’s new cars are welcome, but it’s stupid that they’re still “built like bricks”
- Police: 1 dead, 3 injured after speeding driver hits another vehicle in South Deering (Sun-Times)
- Teresa Dan, 56, fights to recover from River Grove hit-and-run, police seek driver (CBS)
- Driver doors cyclist in Uptown, causing head and back injuries (Block Club)
- Cook County officials set to demolish 2 buildings at jail campus this spring (Block Club)
- West Side groups working to redesign Sears sunken garden (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago