Today’s Headlines for Friday, January 8
- How the Democrats’ infra spending plan could benefit Chicago and Illinois (Crain’s)
- Updates on Lincoln Yards infra plans during a rare public meeting on the development (Block Club)
- Something to look forward to: Damen Green stop will open this year (TOC)
- Outgoing conservative Democrat Rep. Dan Lipinski’s role in securing funding for local transit (Tribune)
- Driver kills Linda Washington, 50, on sidewalk in Chatham (Sun-Times)
- Ex-alderman Joe Moreno jailed after striking 8 cars while he had 4X the legal BAC (Tribune)
- Disabled vet sues feds over injuries from bike crash on North Chicago speed bump (Patch)
- Advocates are pushing for a new greenway through southern Evanston (Evanston Roundtable)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago meet our goal of raising $50K. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and have a great January.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago