Today’s Headlines for Thursday, December 3
- Officials: Anti-deconversion ordinance will preserve housing affordability in Pilsen, 606 area (Block Club)
- All of Chicago’s Slow Streets are down — here’s how to provide feedback on the program (Block Club)
- Female driver, 70, killed in crash with hit-and-run driver in Loop (Sun-Times)
- Red Line service halted for hours from Fullerton to Garfield due to smoke in subway (CBS)
- Tips on how to dress for cold weather while cycling (Daily Herald)
- Metra to hold virtual Toys for Tots drive in 2020 (WGN)
- ATA will be hosting an online transit justice forum on Wednesday, December 9 at 6 p.m.
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago