Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, November 3
- National Lawyers Guild of Chicago speaks out against transit shutdowns (ATA)
- Right-wing Illinois Policy looks at proposal to ticket drivers doing 36 in 30 zones
- 3 dead, including baby, in Will County crash (Sun-Times)
- Driver dies after crossing center line, striking another vehicle in Waukegan (Tribune)
- Attacker shot CTA bus driver with paintball gun in suburban Norridge (Fox)
- Jackson Park Harbor getting $3M fix to better protect LFT from flooding (Block Club)
- Pritzker says ban on indoor service will last at least another 2-3 weeks (Block Club)
- Take ATA’s survey on food access and transportation
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago