Today’s Headlines for Friday, October 8
- Thatcher Swanson, 7, killed in multi-vehicle crash on Indiana Toll Road (NBC)
- Hit-and-run driver critically injured male pedestrian in 3900 block of W. Chicago Ave. (CBS)
- Police searching for 4 women accused of robbing woman at Lake Green Line stop (WGN)
- Police seek suspects in robbery near 63rd Red Line station last month (Fox)
- Metra completes $32.5M project to upgrade 47th, 49th Street repair facilities (Progressive Railroading)
- City seeks input on how lot at Howard/Ashland, near Red Line, should be developed (Block Club)
- Lightfoot says trick-or-treating is OK, releases safety guidelines (Tribune)
- 4 Star Family Cyclery has converted its back lot into a pumpkin patch (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far to help Streetsblog Chicago raise $50K by January 1. Along with the $75K pledged by the Chicago Community Trust for our 2021 budget, this will allow us to promote assistant editor Courtney Cobbs to co-editor and launch a new weekly series on mobility justice issues impacting Chicago’s Latino communities. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago