Today’s Headlines for Friday May 14
- Preckwinkle plans to move forward with reduced-fare South Side Metra plan this fall (Sun-Times)
- What will the CTA look like after Chicago reopens? Experts weigh in (Tribune)
- Power outages, Metra delays after Loop ComEd vault fire (Sun-Times)
- Months after it opened, N. Shore Channel Trail bridge is officially ready to ride (Block Club)
- No youth sports this summer means more time for bike riding (Sun-Times)
- Geoffrey Baer discusses the history of Chicago Common Brick (WTTW)
- Interview with the yarn-bomber: Meet a knitter who decorates bike racks (CABS)
- Kanye West’s family moved to the ‘burbs because a kid slashed Kanye’s bike tire (Tribune)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.