Today’s Headlines for Thursday, April 9
- Fewer crashes, but more serious injuries in Chicago during pandemic, data shows (WGN)
- Trucker fatally struck cyclist David Powell, 46, near downstate Mahomet (Keating Law)
- Officials: South-suburban drive-through COVID-19 test facility is coming (Block Club)
- Pedestrian traffic in the Loop down 80 percent from a year ago (LNN)
- During pandemic Bluesman & bus driver Toranzo Cannon has no gigs and a tough day job (WTTW)
- Petition to reopen the Lakefront Trail for biking has almost 700 signatures
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.